Monday, June 4, 2012

One step forward...

Today was a pretty decent day. I did go up in weight, which I'm handling better than I thought. I'm now at 97.8lbs. That's OK, right? I mean, this is what I'm supposed to be doing. Gaining. Getting fatter. Nope, pushing those negative thoughts right out. I ate 2 egg whites and a bagel thin for breakfast which was a total of 144 calories. I didn't hate myself afterwards because my body has been craving bread lately. Then when my youngest went down for a nap, T and I both worked out together. He lifted and I did my cardio as usual. Afterwards, we took the boys down to the water park to meet up with my friend, R, and her two kids. It was nice. While there, I ate a 32 calorie salad which consisted of bell peppers, zucchini, and celery. It was yummy. We both planned it out before we went that we both would wear bikini tops and shorts. And that we would embrace our own bodies together despite our insecurities. It's so wonderful having her back in my life. Someone who understands what I'm going through and that I can be completely honest with. It also helps we have been friends for so long. T is worried that R will be triggering for me. And I can completely understand why. Sometimes I'm afraid of that too. But I want to show her that there is a light at the end of this tunnel and if I can reach it, she can too. Although today I did find myself comparing me to her. She is a bit taller than me, so she most definitely looks skinnier than I do. Although she is 20lbs heavier, she appears way smaller. Maybe it's just my mind playing tricks on me. It tends to betray me often. After the water park, we came home, T took a nap and I caught up on every one's blogs. Then went to the store to get some more bell peppers and tofu. I find myself really enjoying tofu. It gives me the feeling of eating meat, but feels much better on my stomach. Which is exactly what I ate for dinner tonight. Some tofu, stir fry veggies, then I even gave in and had a biscuit. Dinner was 300 calories. And that's OK. Around dinner time, T got 2 phone calls that stressed him to the max, so I suggested that after dinner and I cleaned dishes, we went for a walk, just the two of us. I wanted to get in some quality time with him and let him vent. Today I have been trying to be better for us. I need him. And I refuse to let ED or ANA push him out of my life. That's just unacceptable. So we had a nice walk after dark, got to talk, and get a bit closer. So I did end up in the negatives by 150 calories today, but I feel good. I felt like today was a step forward to recovery, and a step forward in bettering my relationship with T. Hope everyone has a lovely day. Much love.
She is so beyond sexy
XOXO Katie

10 comments:

  1. Oh Katie <3 I am so so so happy for you, I am so glad you had a good day and are not letting the ED push T away :) That is wonderful and good on you for embracing your body the way you did :) it is something us girls tend to shy away from because we are so very insecure.. but I am so pleased that you did it! You should be very proud of yourself for today.

    I wish you all the best and more, lots of love hun xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you enjoyed your day and spending time with your friend :) she might be triggering, but she could also be a way for you to encourage yourself in the rift direction and help her too?
    Glad you got to have time with T :)
    Well done on the gain, and well done on the positive thinking too :)
    Lottie x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I so love what you and T have. Even everything going on with your lives, you two manage to maintain really healthy relationship. That's amazing, your kids have so damn good parents!

    And not gaining, but getting better. I just can't believe she'd really look skinnier than you ;).
    Stay positive <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well done sweetie! I am so proud of you. Weight gain is not easy but I just know it will be worth it. You have a young family and so much to look forward to, don't let your ed take it away from you. I'm glad it didn't upset you too much and that you had time with T. Much love to you my dear xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. i'm so happy that you are looking forward and putting effort into being happy. it's great to hear your positive side, you can do it! redirecting your focus and realizing he needs you just as much as you need him can help. these little steps will be good for you and your family. i know what you mean about craving carbs, when i deprive myself of them i only end up wanting/eating more of them. stay strong!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow your day sounds so lovely. I am glad that you are slowly gaining and that your friend is back. I am sure her weight comes from her height and body fat. Amazing how much that stuff can effect the scale.

    Good for you and T! I am glad you guys got a little "us" time in there. You should try to do it more often it will help in the long run. I know I am going on a date with hubby next week :-)

    Stay strong and keep doing what you are doing. You are doing so good. The doctors should be proud.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a good step for you. You are realizing that what you want for your life is more important then ED and making steps to prove it. I am constantly in the rut of comparing myself to others. It's no good for us but it's hard not to.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm glad to hear you had a good day! It probably is just your mind betraying you--ours tend to do that. Keep moving forward, Katie!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's really inspirational(:
    You can do this if you stay positive~
    XOXO ^.^

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's a positive step! You'll get there <3 Keep going! Your an inspiration xx

    ReplyDelete