Thursday, May 17, 2012

I hate this medication

It makes me tired. I have no emotions. I want to cry so bad lately, and I just can't. It's like all my emotions have been shut off. I fall asleep on the couch way before bed time. And then the next day I'm just extremely tired and yawning all day. The only good thing that has come out of it is that I am not as hungry all the time. It's almost 6pm, I haven't ate anything besides a few nuts (10cal.) I had a diet Dr. Pepper from Sonic, so I've had substance. I don't feel too weak, which is good. I do plan on eating a bit at dinner, just some frozen veggies. I'm -199 calories today. I was supposed to go for a walk with a friend but her son got sick. I need to either go for a walk this evening or work out. I want to wear shorts. It was so hot today. I have been inspired to change around the layout for my blog. So I will be doing that after I finish this post. I'm still 98.6lbs today. I called my doctor about getting off my medication. The nurse I talked to told me to start taking it an hour and a half earlier and not to get off of it. I guess I will talk more to my doctor next week. In other news, one of my best friends that recently came back into my life, "R" who I have known for 11 years, she is still struggling with her ED. We have been through everything together. We have so much in common. I have missed her and having someone to talk to about this that knows how I feel. She texted me today and told me that the mental health center is sending her to a therapist that specialized in eating disorders. Well guess what, she is going to be seeing the same one as I am. Hmmm, I'm not sure how I feel about that. I talk to my therapist about her. But overall, I'm happy she will be seeing someone like I am. Well I'm gonna go play with backgrounds and a new layout. Much love.
XOXO Katie

7 comments:

  1. Sounds like those medications are too heavy for you I do hope you will get weaker ones so you be able to stay awake as ling as you want and need.
    Hopefully your friend is going go achieve her goals and I am glad you've been with her for mote than 11 years.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hopes it works out with your medication :S either that your body adjusts to it or they give you better ones either way, we dont want you feeling rotten every day :(
    Isnt it lovely when someone you care about comes back in your life? there are a lot of people i miss that have slipped away (or more probably, ive pushed away..) I wish you and your friend all the luck in the world and I hope everything works out for both of you <3

    Stay strong ^^
    Breathe~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry about the meds :/ just try and push through it and hopefully the more active you are, the less tired you will feel :) you could always ask about getting the dose reduced instead of conning off it completely?
    Sorry about your friend, but it's good That she is getting help :) I can see it might be a little awkward with the same therapists, but I'm sure it will be fine :)
    Lottie x

    ReplyDelete
  4. hey katie,

    Sorry to hear you are struggling with your meds. I too was put on new medication recently, a new antidepressant. It made me feel so lethargic and tired that I stopped taking it, the side effects just weren't worthh it.Am going to talk to my doc about changing it. Maybe you could be put on a lower dose. It's no fun feeling tired all the time.

    Lots of lovexxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been feeling washed from emotions and empty inside recently too and it's terrible. I prefer being furious or sad but actually feeling something.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My meds do EXACTLY the same to me! It's horrible! Especially the falling asleep all the time part, what meds are you on? xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry to hear about the meds,I hope you can change them soon and feel better. Being tried all the time is a sucky feeling:( Btw I love your new layout:) <3

    ReplyDelete