Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Optimistic?

Yesterday was a day full of snacking and binging. I haven't binged in so long. I consumed 550 calories in one sitting. Ugh I felt so disgusting that I did something that I regret doing. But we won't discuss that. Then Memorial Day dinner last night consisted of a plain turkey burger (140) and a salad (15.) After I ate, I went to go clean out the bathtub so I could give my youngest a bath and MIA became really loud and mean while I was in the bathroom. I gave in. Fuck. Three times yesterday. I don't have the heart to tell T because he would be so sad. But despite all the calories I ate yesterday, I was in a wonderful mood. Taking the boys to the water park and being out in the sunshine felt amazing. Summer will be different this year. I will be skinny, I will be happy, and my boys will be happy. I want to make the most out of this summer. I went for a run last night. It felt amazing. I did two miles. It was liberating. Then came home, did my crunches, sit ups and my leg lifts. I want abs. I want to have a toned, sexy stomach. I think I put too much food in my stomach yesterday because it's quite upset this morning. Last night before bed, I told T that I wanted today to be a coffee day because I consumed so much yesterday and with keeping my youngest up half the night last night so he will be exhausted for his test that isn't until 2pm, I need the energy. I've only had one cup at home. When I go to take him for his test, I will stop and get one at the gas station. Maybe another when I get to Denver. I have spent all morning cleaning. I picked up and organized our bedroom, folded 4 loads of laundry, another load in the dryer, did the dishes, and now I'm about to vacuum. I've already burned over 100 calories in cleaning alone. It feels amazing. The only downfall to this day is I am so tired today. I did gain another pound. I'm at 96.6 this morning. That's OK. I didn't cry when I saw that number. This is what needs to happen so I don't go inpatient. I know this. The pain on my right side is still very much there. But I'm learning to deal with it. It's hard to pick up my youngest. He's a chunk though lol. My best friend, R, who struggles with an ED as well, she and I have become so close again. But she told me yesterday that she isn't ready for recovery. I don't know how to deal with that except to support her. She will get there one day. It took me a long time to get to this point. And some days, I'm still not there; like yesterday. But I will beat this. See, optimistic =) Welcome to all my new followers in the last few days. I'm glad some people find my writing worth reading. Maybe one day when I decide to write my own book, you all will be like, "Hey, I used to follower her blog back when she was a sad, sick girl." Anyway, going to vacuum, and take my little one outside to play. I need to make him exhausted. Have a wonderful day everyone. Much love.
XOXO Katie

10 comments:

  1. I am so glad you are feeling optimistic - and glad you didnt freak out at the scales, one step at a time and everything will be ok. I hope you have a lovely day today :) Stay strong and think happy thoughts! Much love xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't let MIA win! You can defeat it :) Your a strong, amazing woman! MIA is a pathetic, horrible, disgusting thing, yu are stronger than it! You can win this battle xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's awesome that you are making that first step to recovery. It is baby steps. One step at a time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It makes me so happy to read your optimism :) keep up the good work, beautiful <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey sweetie, that's right, you can beat this. Stay healthy, I hope things work out for you.
    Alice xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sweetie <3 I'm so glad you didn't get upset when you went up a little. I'm proud that you ate though, even if it didn't end well. Have an enjoyable summer, love <3 :)
    Please take care <3
    -Emma

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are headed in the right direction and that is wonderful! I hope you have a great end of spring and beginning of summer! Stay strong and remember that we love you! (P.s.-I would read a book you wrote in a heart beat!)
    All my support,
    <3 A Fragile Heart

    ReplyDelete
  8. You do sound like you are doing well today. Sorry about the hurting side and bloated tummy. I am glad you and your friend are close again. She may not be ready for recovery but she is one person who can relate to what you are going threw.

    Yes! You are one of the few people I have come across that seems to understand having your child run all day so that they well fall out at night. My dad never let me and my sister take naps so we would sleep threw the night. Always worked.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm proud of you hun... Your optimism is refreshing! And I am SO glad you are looking far enough forward to be writing a book! It will be an AWESOME book!

    Be careful not eating, drinking coffee and driving with your son, sweetie x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey there =) so happy and proud that you have managed to eat and gain a bit of weight. If you stay healthy I'm sure you'll get a gorgeous body!Good job even with your friend. Yeah I think sometimes you gotta find your own way by yourself. And your writing is SO worth reading!I'd definitely buy your book =D Keep being optimistic. It's so nice to see you are. I can feel better just perceiving it from your writing. Love you!!! xxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete