Thursday, May 24, 2012

Making changes (kinda)

I'm sorry it's been a few days. I saw my therapist on Tuesday. It wasn't a good session. She was extremely upset with the fact I had lost 4lbs since seeing her last. Most of our conversation revolved at where she was going to send me inpatient due to the fact she doesn't believe I want to get better. Only 4 facilities in the US accept my insurance, so it would be out of state. I wouldn't see the boys. I wouldn't see T or my family. In all honestly, I felt upset and pissed at her. I know she is trying to help, but damn it. So that night we went to Golden Coral for dinner. I had 3 anxiety attacks that day before we even made it there, and a couple afterwards. I managed to eat almost 200 calories but I was still negative due to the fact I worked out all day planning for that night. But I ate. And I didn't purge, and I didn't work out after the fact. Yesterday was a very active day. I was already 200 negative calories before noon. I had a doctors appointment in the afternoon. He wants to keep me on the 40mg of the Prozac for a little while longer. But then the whole conversation turned on me. After him talking to my therapist and T, he told me in a very blunt voice, "Katie, either you gain weight or your only option will be to go inpatient. You can't take care of your kids in the state that you are currently in, how do you expect to if you lose anymore weight?" Thank you captain obvious. That's why I'm here. That's why I'm seeing a therapist. That's why I'm attempting to eat more. I know all these obsessive compulsive behaviors need to stop. I get this! So needless to say, I left in tears. Last night T's dad took us to Chilli's for dinner. Instead of ordering something healthy, I ordered something fattening and chalked full of calories. I ate 2 chicken crisper's, some of my salad, and chips and salsa. 600 calories. T told me that if I could eat a good amount of calories at dinner then he gave me permission to workout for a bit last night. But after my workout, I ended up negative calories again. We got into a fight. I told him that I bet I had gained regardless of how negative I was. When you have a problem like me, you can tell when you gain weight. You can feel the fat bubbling around your tummy and your thighs. And despite my workout, I felt that. I knew in my mind that I had gained. We went to bed upset at each other. One thing I hate doing. I got on the scale this morning, and guess what?!?! I gained. 1 whole pound. I am now 97.8lbs. I didn't cry. I didn't completely freak out. My heart rate accelerated, but I talked myself out of it. This is what needs to happen so I don't go inpatient and so I don't die. I just need time. All of this isn't going to happen over night. Everyone wants me at 115lbs. I don't know how I feel about that just yet, but we will see. Again, sorry for it being so long in between posts. Much love.
XOXO Katie

11 comments:

  1. Hey Katie, don't apologise.. We all know how hard it must be for you at the moment.. Sometimes doctors/therapists and what have you get so frustrated and can end up being counter productive. You are in the right state of mind right now, you know you need to get better.. I can see how much strain this whole thing is putting on you and T.. It must be upsetting for you both and it breaks my heart how hard you are trying. Keep trying, do it for yourself and your family. I am sure you dont want to end up an inpatient not able to see your boys.. I hope things get easier for you, take it one step at a time and maybe explain to T that you are really trying and you want to be better, he needs to try to be patient with you, my boyfriend gets the same when I freak out.. I hope you are ok, do whatever you have to to feel ok, spend some time on yourself, do your nails have a long bath.. I know it seems silly, but there are a lot of people who love you and depend on you, and want to see you happy and well.

    I wish you all the best, I hope it gets easier for you.. Much love xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a start hon! You have to eat. You have to find that balance where you are still thin and you nourish your body. Or, better yet get over it altogether and just not care...I've just given up on this option for myself. Keep trying.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweetie... :/
    I'm proud that you ate and gained a little. You need to take care of yourself. And I know I'm such a hypocrite but I really care for you and you have people who love and need you around.
    Love you darling <3 Take care <3
    -Emma

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wish you better attitude and positive thoughts that you could stay with your family and live "normal" life.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so happy to hear you are not purging anymore. I couldn't imagine finally getting to my goal weight only to be told I have to gain after all that hard work. But if you feel you are not at a healthy weight then gaining a few pounds may not be a bad idea. Whatever you're recovery plan is, I know you can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Take things at your own pace, don't let anyone push you into doing things your not ready for, it's your body at the end of the day, your in control, not them, but they only want the best for you, keep strong xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, tough doc? It sounds true enough, sure, but would hate be told something like that in such a manner - it would crush me, and probably make it worse.
    And hun? It doesn't matter if you worked out after, it's a huge achievement to get 600cals in. Just take baby steps - we both know this isn't something that will go away. Maybe try keeping the work out but eat a 500+ cals until you're comfortable. Then take out a bit of the exercise, or maybe increase that cals?
    I know you can do it, it IS possible. You'll be okay.
    Stay strong! My heart goes out to you

    ReplyDelete
  8. hang in there babe <3 text me if you need to

    ReplyDelete
  9. You poor thing. You have been threw a lot over the past few days. I hope they don't put make you an inpatient and having you away from your kids. i know they mean the world to you. I mean gaining weight takes time, especially after working so hard to lose the weight.

    I hope you are doing okay now. Just take it one day at a time.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ouch... doc seems to have a sharp opinion. It's an awful situation, but step by step. It's slow process and people will get frustrated, but your mindset is right for doing it now and that's a huge one.

    Stay Positive!!
    <3

    ReplyDelete
  11. hey sweety
    you can be so glad about yourself! and I am sure T was it as well when you've had dinner with his dad.
    it's important you don`t rush and gain slowly each gram is an achievement <3

    ReplyDelete